The day that changed our lives...

2 years ago, December 13th 2006 was a sunny day, pretty cold day but overall average. It was the 347th day of the year, and the day before Matt's 24th birthday. Little did we know he was going to get the present of his life. I had been feeling queasy the past week or so and had a sneaky suspicion what it might be. I had a couple tests at home(buy one get one free test so 4 in total) and decided to "try one".....I took it and as soon as I did had a real feeling I was. I sat and stared as the first line formed and almost passed out when the second line did. I figured there was no way that was possible so I took the second with the little bit I had left in my bladder! That one was a dud, and only had one line. Crying at this point, I went to the fridge and got some water and drank almost a whole bottle, waiting to be able to test on the 3rd one. 5 minutes later I took the test and bam positive. 2 out of 3 wasn't bad! Matt called at that point and said he would be home in 30 minutes or so. I had tests and packages scattered all over our 1 bedroom apartment! I scooped them up and hid them under the sink. At that point I took the 4th test and it was a dud too! Darn buy one, get one free tests! 50/50 odds....at that point I knew Matt would see something wrong on my face so I lined up the tests and put them on the bathroom sink. Matt came home and asked how my day was, I said fine....He chatted about something from work and I was about to burst! I asked him to go into the bathroom, I had a surprise for him. He walks in, stands a second or two, says "huh", and walks out to the couch to take his boots off. I stomp into the room and say, "don't you have anything else to say?!?!", he says "hmmph".....I explain about the 2 duds and how I am still not sure if I am pregnant and he says if I took one and it was positive, it didn't really matter what the duds said. NO WAY, I said, we are going to safeway to get some more! He had the nerve to ask if we could eat dinner first, HA! We went to safeway, bought 2 more, I drank and drank water during that time....Came home, took one, positive, and wanted to take the other one, but Matt said NO, enough tests! Take one in the morning. I waited and that morning of his 24th birthday, I took the very last test. That was the day that changed our lives forever. It seems like just yesterday in some ways, in others like a century ago. Don't worry, no birthday presents like that this year, lol!!


2006


Christmastime that year 06'

Comments

Unknown said…
What a great present! I told Matt that I was pregnant on his 24th birthday (Dec. 1st, 2006).
Charlotte said…
ok - so I didn't read the date properly when I started to read this post - I thought I was going to be saying congrats again!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2 of the snow....

10 is...

8/21 and 8/22...