Playing, bad hair, and church, oh my!
Playing:
We have been trying to do more little art activities with Cayleigh, as she really likes to color, paint, play with play doh, etc...Right now she definitely favors her left hand and left handed people tend to be more creative(*ahem* not sure where my creative side went, although some say I exceled in cermaics and writing) and we want her to tap into that side.
Coloring and stickers...

Sometimes we get distracted....

Finished product..

She looks like she is in private school, lol!

Bad hair:
So Friday night I got my hair done at the Paul Mitchell school. I go there because it is SO much less expensice than a salon, which charges $200 for my hair. I have been going there for a few years and altough I never see the same person, I am always thrilled. This past time was not the case. I don't feel like rehashing, but instead of the "blended, natural" highlights and lowlights I asked for, I got chunky, platinum, fake looking highlights. No offense to those who like thick chunky highlights, they look crappy on me. I was crying in the salon and after 2 days of looking at it, am still not used to it. I have an appt. scheduled for Wed., but I am not sure if I will end up going....The scary thing is, the lady who did my hair is graduating from the school in May after around a year and half and will be coming to a salon near you...
Church:
After much discussion on the topic, Matt and I decided to introduce Cayleigh to a church. We have not gone together ever. We decided we wanted Cayleigh to have the opportunity to be a part of church and chose to try out Matt's Aunt Linda and Uncle Sam's methodist church. Our friends Mandy, Bobby and Sadie decided to give that church a try as well. The plan was for the kids to enjoy a morning of playing in the nursery while the adults had time to listen to the service. We took them in and they both were fine so we headed to the service with beepers that alarmed us if they were upset. 5 minutes later we got a buzz. Matt headed to the nursery, since we thought she would be better for him. I told them not to expect him back, however, he came back after 10 minutes. Great I thought, maybe this can work!! HA! Silly me, he barely even sat down before it went off again. This time I headed there and was greeted with a SCREAMING child! I stayed with her in the nursery and eventually left and waited in the hallway until the service was over, as she just started to upset the other kids. Sadie, did great and was such a good girl!!
Here is a pic of Cayleigh taken with my camera phone, the only time she wasn't crying.

Needless to say, we won't be back for a few months. She just wasn't ready and that's ok. One day I know she won't even take a second glance as she's going to college and I'll think back to this time where she still needs us.
Here she is after the church ordeal...

We went to lunch at Moe's with our friends and had a nice time. I've said it before, but it's is so nice to be friends with people who are so much like you. Matt and I love getting together with them, and are so glad our girls are friends!
We have been trying to do more little art activities with Cayleigh, as she really likes to color, paint, play with play doh, etc...Right now she definitely favors her left hand and left handed people tend to be more creative(*ahem* not sure where my creative side went, although some say I exceled in cermaics and writing) and we want her to tap into that side.
Coloring and stickers...

Sometimes we get distracted....

Finished product..

She looks like she is in private school, lol!

Bad hair:
So Friday night I got my hair done at the Paul Mitchell school. I go there because it is SO much less expensice than a salon, which charges $200 for my hair. I have been going there for a few years and altough I never see the same person, I am always thrilled. This past time was not the case. I don't feel like rehashing, but instead of the "blended, natural" highlights and lowlights I asked for, I got chunky, platinum, fake looking highlights. No offense to those who like thick chunky highlights, they look crappy on me. I was crying in the salon and after 2 days of looking at it, am still not used to it. I have an appt. scheduled for Wed., but I am not sure if I will end up going....The scary thing is, the lady who did my hair is graduating from the school in May after around a year and half and will be coming to a salon near you...
Church:
After much discussion on the topic, Matt and I decided to introduce Cayleigh to a church. We have not gone together ever. We decided we wanted Cayleigh to have the opportunity to be a part of church and chose to try out Matt's Aunt Linda and Uncle Sam's methodist church. Our friends Mandy, Bobby and Sadie decided to give that church a try as well. The plan was for the kids to enjoy a morning of playing in the nursery while the adults had time to listen to the service. We took them in and they both were fine so we headed to the service with beepers that alarmed us if they were upset. 5 minutes later we got a buzz. Matt headed to the nursery, since we thought she would be better for him. I told them not to expect him back, however, he came back after 10 minutes. Great I thought, maybe this can work!! HA! Silly me, he barely even sat down before it went off again. This time I headed there and was greeted with a SCREAMING child! I stayed with her in the nursery and eventually left and waited in the hallway until the service was over, as she just started to upset the other kids. Sadie, did great and was such a good girl!!
Here is a pic of Cayleigh taken with my camera phone, the only time she wasn't crying.

Needless to say, we won't be back for a few months. She just wasn't ready and that's ok. One day I know she won't even take a second glance as she's going to college and I'll think back to this time where she still needs us.
Here she is after the church ordeal...

We went to lunch at Moe's with our friends and had a nice time. I've said it before, but it's is so nice to be friends with people who are so much like you. Matt and I love getting together with them, and are so glad our girls are friends!
Comments