Easter egg hunt, part 2...

**Warning** LOTS OF PICS AHEAD FOR THE NEXT FEW DAYS!!


We got up this morning and for the 4th night this week, Cayleigh slept in her bed! We are so happy she is transitioning into this on her own, and that she finally feels ready for it. We didn't want to make it an issue and make her do it, or make her feel unwelcome in our bed. We just want her to get the best night's sleep, wherever that is. I consulted my mom a few months ago after reading and hearing that this could be a problem getting her to sleep in her own bed and my mom said "it's only as big of a deal as you make it". After 5 kids, I figured I'd give that advice a try and it has really been paying off. We really try not to compare her to other's stats, as she is her own person and will progress at her own pace. It started a few weeks ago, 1x/week, last week 2x/week and this week. Here's hoping it isn't just a phase!


The day started out raining and we strongly considered canning this Easter Egg hunt in my mom's town, since Cayleigh had gone to one yesterday. We went to the park and met up with Mandy, Bobby, and Sadie and we decided to give it a go since the rain lightened up. Cayleigh just loved it! She caught on quick and ended up with some good loot! We left and went to Grammy and grandad's and had a really nice evening, dying eggs, which can be hairy with a 19 month old!


We are having a beautiful spring with all of this rain. Everything is so green and alive!
Photobucket


Our little family!
Photobucket


Egg hunt time! They have matching rain coats, how cute are they?!?
Photobucket


The cutest bunny and chick I've ever seen!
Photobucket



Dying eggs....take note I only let her dye with yellow, safer color!
Photobucket


Marissa really into decorating, and Kristy and I...
Photobucket

Mandy and Lysh decorating and Cayleigh coloring with her grammy!
Photobucket


Our finished eggs, Cayleigh picked her favorite and gave it a hug!
Photobucket



I should take a moment and say that I had my first alcoholic drink since June of 2006! We broke out a bottle of white zinfandel from our wedding and had a drink, still hate wine, and felt a buzz after a half glass...Such a lightweight. I thought the moment deserved a picture...
Photobucket

Comments

Pam said…
Hahaha...LOVE the picture of the wine!!! It's only good if it's Boone's...right?
GnJand Hailey said…
Looks like she did good at the egg hunt.

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2 of the snow....

10 is...

8/21 and 8/22...