05/15/09...

I should start by saying I'm feeling a bit better than yesterday. I got a better night's sleep by propping myself up with 2 pillows. I woke up at 6am and washed my face only to look in the mirror and want to scream at the ungodly sight I call my face. Both of my eyes were so swollen you couldn't tell the eyelids from my cheek. Really, when it rains, it pours apprently. I took zyrtec and my antibiotics and put a cool compress on my face. It took 4 hours to go away.


Ok, enough about me. I just want to add a little about Cayleigh, since it really is what I want the blog to focus on! She is really starting to behave herself. She definitely has her moments, but overall, she is starting to listen better and I think it has something to do with her ability to communicate. She is learning about 2-4 words a week. This week it is turtle, mote(remote), up(when she wants to be picked up) and out(when she wants to go outside). She gets excited when she has done a good thing and says "yay, good girl" while clapping. She hugs everyone and squeezes and groans because she is squeezing so tight. If you let her, she would eat noodles all day. You know it is an addiction when your kid is asking for "noo-noo" for breakfast.


Hmm...what else, oh, she has an opinion about her shoes and which to wear. She doesn't care about the clothes, but she has certain shoes she want's and pulls the ones off if she doesn't agree with the matching selection. She is enjoying playing with her kitchen, stirring things and feeding you and of course, you must pretend chew and agree that it's the best meal ever and you want more! Her favorite thing on earth is fruit snacks, and that is the 5th word she has learned this week, "nacks" for them. You can get her to do anything for one, not that I would ever bribe her. :) She likes to color and is starting to water plants with me, we have a watering can but she prefers to water mommy and the ground so we got her a spray bottle in place.


She likes Mickey Mouse Clubhouse("pete" she will tell you is her favorite), Yo Gabba Gabba(still), and her newest favorite is "Ra-Ra". Oh, you didn't know that meant Little Bear?? :) She is beginning to complete puzzles, and is finally back to enjoying reading time with me. For a while, she was just too busy to sit and read, but we just bought her a "ra-ra" book and she has asked me 3 times to read this-today!

I just weighed her and she is @ 24lbs, so still on the light side of the charts. Ok, enough for now, just wanted to do a small update!



Just being silly, she was running to knock me over...

Photobucket

Her new hiding/mad at mommy/going to the bathroom spot, behind the kitchen.

Photobucket

Helping mommy garden!

Photobucket

Happy in the first pics, then NOT ready to go in, in her "mad a mommy" spot.

Photobucket

Comments

Krystal said…
Her outfit is adorable!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2 of the snow....

10 is...

8/21 and 8/22...