Cayleigh's first dentist appointment...
I don't think I've mentioned it, but Cayleigh has chipped teeth....We are up to 3 now. I noticed 2 while we were in Florida and while it broke my heart, I chalked it up to being a fast paced kid. Wednesday morning I was brushing her teeth and noticed another. It freaked me out. I called my doctor, who referred me to my dentist(normally the age to begin going is 3), who referred me to a pediatric dentist.
So we had a 10am appt this morning and Cayleigh decided to rise at 5:30am. Great, I figured I was in for it. She actually completely surprised me! They had a kids area in the waiting room, and she got to play for about 15 minutes, which I think made her more comfortable. We went back and the hygentist had a good technique where I hugged her and then laid her back onto a pillow, where the hygentist held her head. She seemed super nervous, but I started saying "A, B, C..." and she said it with me. The dentist came in and Cayleigh was more nervous with her and had a terrified look but still said the ABC's with me....
The dentist said it was completely normal and that it happens to alot of kids. She said the area on the tooth is very thin(all baby teeth are). Basically, she said there is nothing you can do, it just happens. I need to not let her walk around with a sippy cup though, as a precaution, since she could walk into something and chip it( I don't really, but my mom said she does). Other than that she said her teeth look really great, no plaque, very white, and nicely spaced. She also said her teeth are coming in at normal timing and that most likely her 2 year molar will be in closer to 2.5....She got fake money as a prize and was thrilled! Oh and she was impressed at her saying her ABC's! She is getting really good!
Before her appt....she likes to pull the blanket ALL the way!

The only picture I got of her at the appt., didn't want to be the weirdo who takes pictures at the doctor's office, LOL! I hid it in my purse and let the lens peer over, LOL!!!
So we had a 10am appt this morning and Cayleigh decided to rise at 5:30am. Great, I figured I was in for it. She actually completely surprised me! They had a kids area in the waiting room, and she got to play for about 15 minutes, which I think made her more comfortable. We went back and the hygentist had a good technique where I hugged her and then laid her back onto a pillow, where the hygentist held her head. She seemed super nervous, but I started saying "A, B, C..." and she said it with me. The dentist came in and Cayleigh was more nervous with her and had a terrified look but still said the ABC's with me....
The dentist said it was completely normal and that it happens to alot of kids. She said the area on the tooth is very thin(all baby teeth are). Basically, she said there is nothing you can do, it just happens. I need to not let her walk around with a sippy cup though, as a precaution, since she could walk into something and chip it( I don't really, but my mom said she does). Other than that she said her teeth look really great, no plaque, very white, and nicely spaced. She also said her teeth are coming in at normal timing and that most likely her 2 year molar will be in closer to 2.5....She got fake money as a prize and was thrilled! Oh and she was impressed at her saying her ABC's! She is getting really good!
Before her appt....she likes to pull the blanket ALL the way!

The only picture I got of her at the appt., didn't want to be the weirdo who takes pictures at the doctor's office, LOL! I hid it in my purse and let the lens peer over, LOL!!!
Comments