The great outdoors...
I for one, am not typically known as an outdoor girl. I hate bugs, dirt, and the way you smell after a day out. That is why I have never gone camping in the 10 years I've known Matt. About 4 years ago, we did buy pretty much everything to give it a try, but I chickened out and so the tote of gear got stowed away and long forgotten. Matt asked me about a month ago and added in "you know Cayleigh would love it"...and that always works.
We were scheduled to go next weekend, but I called him up Thursday afternoon and said I thought maybe it would be a good idea to give it a one night trial this weekend since next weekend we are going for 2 nights and 2 full days...

To my surprise, we had a great time. Oh there were "kinks" to get out, literally. Our back and neck hurt so bad from only sleeping on bags, next week we will have a air mattress and a few more pillows. Cayleigh, however, slept longer that night than at home! We(*cough, cough* MATT!) forgot her diaper bag, which had wipes, diapers, her crayons and toys, etc..Our car battery died while we were cleaning up the campground and had to get a jumpstart. It was certainly an adventure!
Happy with her tent!

Cayleigh pretty much wanted to "help" Matt the entire day. She didn't understand why daddy had an axe, but she could have it.
helping set the tent up...

gathering wood for the fire...and deciding that it was a boy's job. :)

She loved picking up the sticks, skipping rocks and running onto other people's campsites. ahem. Two out of three ain't bad I guess.


She was so determined not to let me help..but after 4 steps she changed her mind.

I enjoyed the campfire and the snuggles I got from a certain blondie.

This was my favorite part of the trip.

It was so nice to see the bonding of our family. Cayleigh wanting to be with Matt, Matt and I waking up giggling about being freezing and sore, and just going back to the basics, no electronics, no Dora the Explorer, just good old family time.
Dare I say I'm looking forward to next weekend?
We were scheduled to go next weekend, but I called him up Thursday afternoon and said I thought maybe it would be a good idea to give it a one night trial this weekend since next weekend we are going for 2 nights and 2 full days...

To my surprise, we had a great time. Oh there were "kinks" to get out, literally. Our back and neck hurt so bad from only sleeping on bags, next week we will have a air mattress and a few more pillows. Cayleigh, however, slept longer that night than at home! We(*cough, cough* MATT!) forgot her diaper bag, which had wipes, diapers, her crayons and toys, etc..Our car battery died while we were cleaning up the campground and had to get a jumpstart. It was certainly an adventure!
Happy with her tent!

Cayleigh pretty much wanted to "help" Matt the entire day. She didn't understand why daddy had an axe, but she could have it.
helping set the tent up...

gathering wood for the fire...and deciding that it was a boy's job. :)

She loved picking up the sticks, skipping rocks and running onto other people's campsites. ahem. Two out of three ain't bad I guess.


She was so determined not to let me help..but after 4 steps she changed her mind.

I enjoyed the campfire and the snuggles I got from a certain blondie.

This was my favorite part of the trip.

It was so nice to see the bonding of our family. Cayleigh wanting to be with Matt, Matt and I waking up giggling about being freezing and sore, and just going back to the basics, no electronics, no Dora the Explorer, just good old family time.
Dare I say I'm looking forward to next weekend?
Comments