A camping we will go...
We went camping last weekend and to be truthful, I was as excited as Matt and Cayleigh. Sometimes you need to get completely aways from TV, Internet, and all of the distractions to be fully engaged with your family. Matt took the day off and the plan was to head to the campsite by noon. We almost didn't make it, due to some insane person with a death wish who stopped on the highway attmpting to merge. Sigh.
We had a TERRIBLE day Friday. Cayleigh was AWFUL. She was in time out more than she was with us I think. Looking back, she didn't get a nap and she didn't want us to ignore her while we set up the camp so she just kept acting out. The only good note of the day were the steak kabobs and corn on the cob we made! SO GOOD!
Saturday we set out to go fishing after breakfast, which was Cayleigh's first time. Aside from her not understanding why she couldn't put a lure on her hat like 'little bear' does, and wanting to run around with her fishing pole that had a hook and worm on it, we had a good time. And who would have thought, I caught the only fish, haha!
Did I forget to mention the heat??? It felt like we were on the surface of the sun. When we decided to go camping, weather.com said it was going to be mid 80's, which is a bit hotter than I would have liked. HA! It ended up being in the mid 90's, which = MISERY. It was so hot we all napped in the car. Dinner was hot dogs, baked beans, green beans and corn. We were still boiling from having to have a fire going for dinner when it was at least in the mid 80's, so we went out for ice cream and came back and got bitten by a ton of mosquitos, err, went on a walk.
We went to bed and woke up @ midnight to a LOUD crack! Matt says it was a tree branch falling in the woods, but I think it was a bear. Then at 4am- we heard the worst-RAIN.
Rain POURING.
Now luckily our tent is waterproof. However, all of the stuff we left outside because weather.com said not even a shower before noon was not waterproof. Sigh. We were never so glad to be home, cleaned, in our own bed.
All in all, we did have a good time, but we bothed learned valuable lessons. Don't trust weather.com.
And onto the pics...
Do you think I was anywhere near Cayleigh when her arm was this dirty and she was touching a turtle?? I think not, lol!

She helped cook the dinner...She helped me de-seed all of the peppers and washed all of the mushrooms!

Our home away from home-messy like at home!

Can't you just see the heat??

Having fun dancing!

Fishing with daddy...

The only fish we caught and reeled in.
We had a TERRIBLE day Friday. Cayleigh was AWFUL. She was in time out more than she was with us I think. Looking back, she didn't get a nap and she didn't want us to ignore her while we set up the camp so she just kept acting out. The only good note of the day were the steak kabobs and corn on the cob we made! SO GOOD!
Saturday we set out to go fishing after breakfast, which was Cayleigh's first time. Aside from her not understanding why she couldn't put a lure on her hat like 'little bear' does, and wanting to run around with her fishing pole that had a hook and worm on it, we had a good time. And who would have thought, I caught the only fish, haha!
Did I forget to mention the heat??? It felt like we were on the surface of the sun. When we decided to go camping, weather.com said it was going to be mid 80's, which is a bit hotter than I would have liked. HA! It ended up being in the mid 90's, which = MISERY. It was so hot we all napped in the car. Dinner was hot dogs, baked beans, green beans and corn. We were still boiling from having to have a fire going for dinner when it was at least in the mid 80's, so we went out for ice cream and came back and got bitten by a ton of mosquitos, err, went on a walk.
We went to bed and woke up @ midnight to a LOUD crack! Matt says it was a tree branch falling in the woods, but I think it was a bear. Then at 4am- we heard the worst-RAIN.
Rain POURING.
Now luckily our tent is waterproof. However, all of the stuff we left outside because weather.com said not even a shower before noon was not waterproof. Sigh. We were never so glad to be home, cleaned, in our own bed.
All in all, we did have a good time, but we bothed learned valuable lessons. Don't trust weather.com.
And onto the pics...
Do you think I was anywhere near Cayleigh when her arm was this dirty and she was touching a turtle?? I think not, lol!

She helped cook the dinner...She helped me de-seed all of the peppers and washed all of the mushrooms!

Our home away from home-messy like at home!

Can't you just see the heat??

Having fun dancing!

Fishing with daddy...

The only fish we caught and reeled in.
Comments