Chicken noodle soup...
I decided to make Matt some chicken noodle soup since he woke up with a sore throat. Not my best batch, but I'm my own worst critic. Matt said it was great and Cayleigh LOVED it! I love making chicken noodle soup, to me there is something calming about it (except the cleaning up part). After dinner, we played in Cayleigh's room.....we really like that time with her, and she craves that time where it is just the 3 of us. Once mommy and daddy are in the room, she will shut the gate and close the door as if to tell us to stay put!!
Being silly, throwing the ball at daddy!

Playing with her blocks...

Oh and for the few of you who don't know how to make chicken noodle soup(I never knew, it just always ended up on the table, who knew how??!!) here is how I make mine....It is such a cheap meal too!
1 1 1/2 chicken breast(@$3.50)
1 stalk celery(@ $2)
1 lb carrots(not baby)(@ $2)
1 bag med. noodles(@ $1)
chicken boillioun(sp) cubes(@ $1.50)
water
salt
pepper
Take chicken breast and scraps of celery tops and carrot shavings and put them in a big pot. Take big pot, fill 3/4 of the way with water. Simmer(with lid) for 75 min. Take out chicken breast, let it cool, put one paper towel into a colander and strain the broth(at the end smash the paper towel to get as much flavor as possible), put back in pot. Take off skin of breast and pick into pieces. Put chicken in pot as well as diced veggies and let simmer(with lid)another hour or until veggies are not crunchy. Also add-7(depending on preference, I use 6) cubes of chicken Boillioun, salt and pepper to taste at that time. Take pot off the stove and put bag of noodles in and let sit 10 min.(with lid). ENjoy with crackers or a loaf of bread!
Being silly, throwing the ball at daddy!

Playing with her blocks...

Oh and for the few of you who don't know how to make chicken noodle soup(I never knew, it just always ended up on the table, who knew how??!!) here is how I make mine....It is such a cheap meal too!
1 1 1/2 chicken breast(@$3.50)
1 stalk celery(@ $2)
1 lb carrots(not baby)(@ $2)
1 bag med. noodles(@ $1)
chicken boillioun(sp) cubes(@ $1.50)
water
salt
pepper
Take chicken breast and scraps of celery tops and carrot shavings and put them in a big pot. Take big pot, fill 3/4 of the way with water. Simmer(with lid) for 75 min. Take out chicken breast, let it cool, put one paper towel into a colander and strain the broth(at the end smash the paper towel to get as much flavor as possible), put back in pot. Take off skin of breast and pick into pieces. Put chicken in pot as well as diced veggies and let simmer(with lid)another hour or until veggies are not crunchy. Also add-7(depending on preference, I use 6) cubes of chicken Boillioun, salt and pepper to taste at that time. Take pot off the stove and put bag of noodles in and let sit 10 min.(with lid). ENjoy with crackers or a loaf of bread!
Comments