Just call me betty the baker!

I woke up in a baking mood and after Cayleigh pointing to the bananas 100 times, I decided to make banana crumb muffins from the allrecipes website. It was the one time I actually had all of the ingredients on hand! They turned out really yummy, not a surprise that these things are a hall of famer on that site!

After baking the muffins, I saw that I had 75% of the ingredients for chocolate chip cookies already out, so I went ahead and made a batch, I think our Wii fit would be mad! Below is the recipe for the muffins.


The muffins!
Photobucket

Cayleigh playing hide and seek with me!
Photobucket


The cookies!
Photobucket


Nap time! She is so beautiful, I love that little girl!
Photobucket




Banana Crumb muffins:

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 bananas, mashed
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease 10 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.




Tollhouse chocolate chip cookies:


2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels

Directions:
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.

COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

Comments

Krystal said…
Yum! I love banana muffins...

You might enjoy my friends blog - she loves to bake and has so many good recipes!


http://www.bakedperfection.com/
Pam said…
So next time I come up I'll be having yummy muffins and cookies???
lmcarmitage said…
I'm going to check it out now, thanks Krystal!

Why is it that I love to bake but hate cooking pam??!! We should make that tastefully simple meal next time you are up!
Anonymous said…
Yum!!! they all look delicious!
by the way, I love her little boots. too cute!!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2 of the snow....

10 is...

8/21 and 8/22...