March 13, 1999...

I should start by saying I have a terrible memory. If Matt was writing this, he would know how the weather was, how the redskins did that year, what we were wearing, etc. My memories are very basic. My friend Meg was dating a boy named Tommy, who happened to be Matt's best friend. I always had a big crush on Matt, and although we were friends, he NEVER seemed at all interested. Well Meg and Tommy had recently broken up and were going to go out on a date and Meg asked me to come along. I knew Matt would be there, but we were just friends. On the way up Tommy's driveway, Meg decides to inform me, "oh, by the way, I told Tommy you had a super huge crush on Matt and he kinda told him"............








"WHAT??!!!", I exclaimed! No way am I going now. She persisted that we were in the driveway and I told her to take me home! She refused and got out of the car and I sat alone wondering how I could get home without making a bigger fool of myself. A few minutes went by and I caved. I knew there was no way around it. I walked in and Tommy and Meg had definitely forgiven each other.... ;) Matt and I exchanged hello's in a VERY awkward way. I knew he knew. He and I sat and watched the movie, Sniper, I believe(AWFUL movie!) and eventually took off for the pool hall(not my kind of place, but I was just trying to get through the night!). After Tommy drove about 100mph to get there and I thought I was going to die, we arrived at the pool hall in Hagerstown. Played a few games and decided to go back to Tommy's. Matt and I actally talked and had a nice night and at the end of the night we kissed(brief recount I know).


It is hard to believe that was ten years ago. We have had so many good times and have been through so much together. We've been through proms, graduations, funerals, weddings, babies and much, much more. As cliche' as this sounds, I am so lucky to have really married my very best friend. To the next ten years(and more!) of laughs, cries, babies, and much more to come.


PS-Portions of this story were left out to avoid embarassment of these characters.... ;)


Photobucket

Comments

Krystal said…
It's the embarrassing parts that make a story so entertaining!!

But wow - 10 years! Sure makes me feel old...

LOL - the pool hall in Hagerstown is quiet the place, isn't it?!
lmcarmitage said…
Yes, but I couldn't put everything, my mom reads this, lol!!

I feel old too!

Oh it was a NASTY place! Memories, haha!

Popular posts from this blog

8/21 and 8/22...

Day 2 of the snow....