Our trip to the National Zoo..

Today was an absolute gorgeous day so we decided to head to D.C. with Amanda and Marissa to the National Zoo. I gathered everything I could think of the night before. When we got to the zoo, we realized we indeed had everything, except Cayleigh's shoes. Honestly!!! Who forgets their kid's shoes??! I can explain.


Photobucket



Cayleigh newest obsession is being barefoot. Anytime, anyplace, anwhere. Every single time we are in the car, her shoes are off by the time we get to our destination. We typically have a pair of shoes lying around in the car because of this. Friday I knew I had left her pink shoes in the car so I didn't bother to put any shoes on her Saturday morning. I forgot we took the truck Friday night and they were in there! Shoot! We scrambled around and found a pair of shoes, but they were her winter boots! We felt so sorry for her, she wanted to be down walking, but we ended up having to hold her for most of the trip. She did stay in her stroller some of the time and at the end, we let her walk with them. LESSON LEARNED!


Here is where she spent most of her time....
Photobucket



We had a really nice time at the zoo and enjoyed the bears, and orangutan the best. We got there early and the ranger said they let the orangutan out on the high wire early every day and we got to see it, was pretty cool. A particular highlight for Marissa and I was seeing an ape eating his own poop.

Photobucket



The "Cats"..
Photobucket


My favorite picture! There were about 15 lined up!
Photobucket

Sitting on the bears, she kept patting them and yelling "RAWR"!!
Photobucket

We made her keep her hat and glasses on, we managed to have one of them most times...
Photobucket



The girls....
Photobucket



We left around noon, and came back to my mom's and enjoyed the nice weather in the back yard and just relaxed for the day.


Photobucket

Comments

Megan said…
It looks like you guys had a wonderful time. Maybe one day this summer we can meet up and go to the zoo together.
lmcarmitage said…
Megan-we definitely should!!
glenna said…
What a great time!! She's such a happy girl!
GnJand Hailey said…
Looks like you guys had a great time! Hailey loves the zoo too.

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2 of the snow....

10 is...

8/21 and 8/22...