Our drive home....
Our ride home was an interesting one. We decided to leave at 5am Saturday, and really the ride started out uneventful. Cayleigh MUCH preferred riding in the car during the day(go figure). We we in South Carolina when a tractor trailer literally ran us off the road. We were in the left lane and he stuck his blinker(ironic I thought) on and started coming over. We were in about the middle of his truck so Matt slammed on the horn and the guy just kept coming. Matt had to run off into the median, but when he looked ahead, we were headed straight for a guard rail. Luckily a couple cars looked out for us and he was able to think quick and turn the wheel really hard and get us back onto the road before we hit it at 70 MPH. It was insanely frightening. The people who were behind us held up their phone saying we should call the police so we did, although the lady seemed to have cared less. We eventually sped up to the drive who happily waved his hand at us, almost laughing. Guess he figured it was his lucky day he wouldn't be charged with freaking manslaughter!!!!!!
The rest was pretty uneventful. We stopped at a cute place called the front porch in SC and it literally looked like a front porch, with even a real dog barking tied to the front of it. We went in and everyone was super friendly. I went to use the restroom and the lady standing there alerted me "there's only one terlet 'round here, so you'll have to wait". I smiled and said sure. She then decided I had to really go so she yelled to the waitress who I should add was NOT close by "this girl looks like she needs to go to the terlet, you need to go check the men's terlet and see if she can go there". I smiled and said "oh, no problem, I can just wait". After all, how can someone LOOK like they need to use the terlet, ehm, toilet? Anyway, the waitress came over and said it was fine and the old lady practically shoved me into it. It was really, really funny! I'll spare you the discussion we had when she later came over to my table and explained to me why she didn't let me in front of her, LOL!!
We arrived hom at 11pm and exhausted. It was an amazing, yet exhausting trip. We look forward to planning next years though!
Stylin' in my glasses!
Stressed over Mickey mouse clubhouse!
The rest was pretty uneventful. We stopped at a cute place called the front porch in SC and it literally looked like a front porch, with even a real dog barking tied to the front of it. We went in and everyone was super friendly. I went to use the restroom and the lady standing there alerted me "there's only one terlet 'round here, so you'll have to wait". I smiled and said sure. She then decided I had to really go so she yelled to the waitress who I should add was NOT close by "this girl looks like she needs to go to the terlet, you need to go check the men's terlet and see if she can go there". I smiled and said "oh, no problem, I can just wait". After all, how can someone LOOK like they need to use the terlet, ehm, toilet? Anyway, the waitress came over and said it was fine and the old lady practically shoved me into it. It was really, really funny! I'll spare you the discussion we had when she later came over to my table and explained to me why she didn't let me in front of her, LOL!!
We arrived hom at 11pm and exhausted. It was an amazing, yet exhausting trip. We look forward to planning next years though!





Comments