Beef Stew, buddies, and birthday cakes...
I woke up freezing Wednesday so I thought it would be a good beef stew day. I altered this recipe with what alot of reviewers suggested and it turned out really yummy! Not your average bland beef stew, had nice flavor! Below is a pic and the recipe.
Cayleigh also declared that day "Dora Day". She is really enjoying that show and learning from it. We went to the store and the second she laid eyes on the Dora soup, she fell in love...She talked about "doraaaa doup"(soup) all morning. When I added her dora yogurt to her menu for lunch, she squealed with excitment. It's the little things in life, right?!

Today my dad came and we celebrated my 21st +6 birthday(do NOT mention I am 27 almost, it still stings) early and brought me my favorite cake from Herman's in Baltimore..Good old yellow cake and white icing. Cayleigh "helped" with the candles..


2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes(I used 1.5lb)
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt (no salt for me)
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
1 bay leaf (none for me)
1 teaspoon paprika (none for me)
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups beef broth
3 potatoes, diced (I used 5)
4 carrots, sliced (I used 1lb plus some leftover baby carrots)
1 stalk celery, chopped (I used 3)
I added 1/2c red wine and the McCormick's beef stew mix. I also browned the meat(floured) and onion in a pan and then put it in the crockpot and cooked on high for 7 hours.
DIRECTIONS
Place meat in slow cooker. In a small bowl mix together the flour, salt, and pepper; pour over meat, and stir to coat meat with flour mixture. Stir in the garlic, bay leaf, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, onion, beef broth, potatoes, carrots, and celery.
Cover, and cook on Low setting for 10 to 12 hours, or on High setting for 4 to 6 hours.
Cayleigh also declared that day "Dora Day". She is really enjoying that show and learning from it. We went to the store and the second she laid eyes on the Dora soup, she fell in love...She talked about "doraaaa doup"(soup) all morning. When I added her dora yogurt to her menu for lunch, she squealed with excitment. It's the little things in life, right?!

Today my dad came and we celebrated my 21st +6 birthday(do NOT mention I am 27 almost, it still stings) early and brought me my favorite cake from Herman's in Baltimore..Good old yellow cake and white icing. Cayleigh "helped" with the candles..


2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes(I used 1.5lb)
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt (no salt for me)
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
1 bay leaf (none for me)
1 teaspoon paprika (none for me)
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups beef broth
3 potatoes, diced (I used 5)
4 carrots, sliced (I used 1lb plus some leftover baby carrots)
1 stalk celery, chopped (I used 3)
I added 1/2c red wine and the McCormick's beef stew mix. I also browned the meat(floured) and onion in a pan and then put it in the crockpot and cooked on high for 7 hours.
DIRECTIONS
Place meat in slow cooker. In a small bowl mix together the flour, salt, and pepper; pour over meat, and stir to coat meat with flour mixture. Stir in the garlic, bay leaf, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, onion, beef broth, potatoes, carrots, and celery.
Cover, and cook on Low setting for 10 to 12 hours, or on High setting for 4 to 6 hours.
Comments