A blast from the past and present....
So we are finally ALL healthy!!!!!*knock on wood* We decided to go to the pumpkin patch today, to get out of the house and because we wanted to keep the tradition of going to Jumbo's every year with her. Here are a few pics from last year for comparison and because I like to torture myself with how fast she is growing....



and now for the present.
We had a great time! Cayleigh loved petting the animals and seeing the horses. She also liked the hayride and searching for her pumpkin. We ended up onnly getting one pumpkin, as there actually wasn't alot left to choose from between the rain rotting them and the fact that we went so late into the season.
She was SO excited to go get a pumpkin! Gotta love her cheesy smile :)

and this year she was a tad over 3ft!

Petting a baby cow....

Feeding a goat....

She was really excited for the hayride when we first got on, but she seemed a tiny bit nervous after it took off...

She's picking the "baby" pumpkins(Matt will tell you they are weeds, mommy has a bit of imagination :) )

Here's the pumpkin she picked all by herself!

Riding the pumpkin!

My favorite people!

Holding the corn. Not sure when it started, maybe a couple months ago, but she points to corn stalks whenever she sees them while I drive....a big score in her book!

Our family pumpkin...

With mimi....

Stay tuned for our trip to the park post, which will hopefully be done tonight...We had so much fun!!
Also, a must mention. My Pap-pap passed away this morning. You may remember we went to visit him on the weekend of my birthday. While I am sad that he is no longer with us, I know he is so much better off and so much happier to be with my great grandma and my grandad, who he missed so much after he died. I can't imagine what it would be like at any age to bury your child, and so I can really only smile when I think about them all being together. He was such a gentle soul and kind hearted human being, and the love he had for his family was one of a kind. He will be greatly missed.



and now for the present.
We had a great time! Cayleigh loved petting the animals and seeing the horses. She also liked the hayride and searching for her pumpkin. We ended up onnly getting one pumpkin, as there actually wasn't alot left to choose from between the rain rotting them and the fact that we went so late into the season.
She was SO excited to go get a pumpkin! Gotta love her cheesy smile :)

and this year she was a tad over 3ft!

Petting a baby cow....

Feeding a goat....

She was really excited for the hayride when we first got on, but she seemed a tiny bit nervous after it took off...

She's picking the "baby" pumpkins(Matt will tell you they are weeds, mommy has a bit of imagination :) )

Here's the pumpkin she picked all by herself!

Riding the pumpkin!

My favorite people!

Holding the corn. Not sure when it started, maybe a couple months ago, but she points to corn stalks whenever she sees them while I drive....a big score in her book!

Our family pumpkin...

With mimi....

Stay tuned for our trip to the park post, which will hopefully be done tonight...We had so much fun!!
Also, a must mention. My Pap-pap passed away this morning. You may remember we went to visit him on the weekend of my birthday. While I am sad that he is no longer with us, I know he is so much better off and so much happier to be with my great grandma and my grandad, who he missed so much after he died. I can't imagine what it would be like at any age to bury your child, and so I can really only smile when I think about them all being together. He was such a gentle soul and kind hearted human being, and the love he had for his family was one of a kind. He will be greatly missed.
Comments