Spaghetti and meatballs...

I am going to add a couple recipes so when I go to make them again, I won't have to search for days and try to remember any alterations...No pictures though, completely forgot...


Here is the original recipe. I am going to start writing in bold any changes I made. Oh and we doubled this recipe.
MEATBALLS
1/2 pound lean ground beef
1/2 pound sweet sausage
1 cup fresh bread crumbs used seasoned dry bread crumbs
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1 egg, beaten


SAUCE
3/4 cup chopped onion
5 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup olive oil
2 (28 ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes used half diced
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon white sugar did half sugar
1 bay leaf
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste used the kind with basil and oregeno
3/4 teaspoon dried basil didn't use
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper


Directions
In a large bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, parsley, Parmesan, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, garlic powder and beaten egg. Mix well and form into 12 balls. Store, covered, in refrigerator until needed.
In a large saucepan over medium heat, saute onion and garlic in olive oil until onion is translucent. Stir in tomatoes, salt, sugar and bay leaf. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 90 minutes. Stir in tomato paste, basil, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and meatballs and simmer 30 minutes more. Serve.


This was SO good!! The only thing I'm iffy on is the whole tomatoes....Next time I may try all diced and see how it is. Other than that, SUPER tasty!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2 of the snow....

10 is...

8/21 and 8/22...