Coffee beans and bum knees...

So I figure I'll just clump all of the embarassment for the week into one post. We'll start with Tuesday when I was walking and slipped on spilled water by a water fountain in my building at work. I did as much of a split as my legs would allow and one knee hit the ground really hard. My knee and inner leg is sore, but my pride hurts alot worse. sigh.
So while I'm still sore and was told to rest it, I have a 2.5 year old and needed groceries. I ventured to walmart.
Whenever we go to the grocery store, I try to make it a learning experience. I quiz her on which veggie is which, count the oranges in the bag, you get the picture. She was really excited when we got to the coffee bean section, because on occasion my mom lets her push the button to grind the beans at her house. We are plain, already ground maxwell house, so for her it's a treat. I took a couple bean from the self serve section and she smelled them and asked to keep one. We made it to the next aisle and I got distracted with a sale and when I looked back, the bean was gone.
I asked her if she dropped it, she said nope.
She got a big smile.
She finally said "mommy, I stuck it up my nose".

I started repeating Oh.My.Gosh. over and over again. I started envisioning how I would explain this to a doctor. I tried to compose myself and feel for if it was right at her nostril. Nope. I looked up her nose but couldn;t see it. I felt the bridge of her nose and nothing. I tried calling Matt and no answer. What was Cayleigh doing the entire time?
Giggling. Absolutely laughing at my hysterics. Waving to strangers. Sigh.
I almost dialed my mom, but gave one last shot at getting it out myself. I had no tissues but I asked her to blow her nose. 1-2-3, blow. Nothing. I begged for a big blow, 1-2-3, no bean.
By then, I was feeling a bit sick because I don't handle stressful situations well, and she sensed that I was near tears. She said "don't be sad mommy, I'll blow!" I held one nostril and BAM! A coffee bean shot across my face and down the aisle a bit. She giggled the rest of the trip, and asked to call several people to tell her "bean doree" (bean story).
Ahh the joys of motherhood. :)
Comments