Goulash...my version anyway
As I eat this leftover for lunch, I've decided to post about it because I go through ruts of not knowing what to eat for dinner and I'll pop on here to see if anything is enticing...This is a very plain dish, but hearty, healthy, easy and one that Cayleigh enjoys. It isn't something that will knock your socks off with flavor, but it's great because I always have these ingredients on hand- so for that, here goes!
white rice-I use 4 cups for leftovers(next time I will try brown)
a bag of frozen broccoli
can of corn, drained
1lb chicken tenderloins
2 cans healthy request cream of chicken soup
Prepare rice as directed. Prepare broccoli as directed. Set aside.
Cook chicken until pink is gone-season as you wish. Cut chicken into bite size pieces and put back into pan. Add rice. Drain broccoli and toss in. Add can of corn. Add cream of chicken soup, followed by one can of water. Simmer and stir occasionally 20 minutes. I usually add alot of pepper to this dish, and a bit of garlic powder.
We just returned from camping and I'll have a big post on that soon...I'm busy working on mother's day gifts!! :)
white rice-I use 4 cups for leftovers(next time I will try brown)
a bag of frozen broccoli
can of corn, drained
1lb chicken tenderloins
2 cans healthy request cream of chicken soup
Prepare rice as directed. Prepare broccoli as directed. Set aside.
Cook chicken until pink is gone-season as you wish. Cut chicken into bite size pieces and put back into pan. Add rice. Drain broccoli and toss in. Add can of corn. Add cream of chicken soup, followed by one can of water. Simmer and stir occasionally 20 minutes. I usually add alot of pepper to this dish, and a bit of garlic powder.
We just returned from camping and I'll have a big post on that soon...I'm busy working on mother's day gifts!! :)
Comments