Meet the bane of my existence...

Let me start by saying I know I have an unhealthy fear of bugs. Admitting is the first step to recovery, right? I know I owe you a camping trip post, but I just had to do this post while it was still fresh.
I have been terrified of bugs since I was a kid. Ask my mom, I was that kid running frantically from a bee and making a scene. I was that kid who once hairsprayed a spider to my sheets on my bed and had to throw them out. Get the point? Just doing a photobucket search for 'stinkbug' made my skin crawl.
Onto my story. I was driving home yesterday and on the phone with Matt, rambling about something when I looked in my rear view mirror and spotted a *gasp* stinkbug on it. Yes, that's right, less than a foot from my eyeballs. I shrieked and started ranting to Matt.
"What am I going to do??? I can't drive like this!!!!"
I'll spare you Matt's reaction, but it had something to do with driving to the hospital and checking myself in. He suggests I open the window and "shoo it". REALLY MATT?? We have only been together 11 years!! You know me better than that.
"No Way! I think I'm going to pull over," I said.
Again, I'll spare you Matt's reaction.
I pulled over and got out of the car, begging Matt to stay on the phone with me. I spotted an enormous golf umbrella we had in the car and decided maybe I could shoo it out that way. Do you really think it could be that easy?? Of course not! The stinkbug flew over to the passenger side, which was the side that my car had the 80MPH cars going by.
At this point, I was in near hysterics. I waited for an opening and swung the door open and that darn thing wouldn't leave. I was just about pop open my camping chair that I had in the trunk and wait it out on the highway, when a car pulled over.
I almost died.
What was I going to say to him?? I quickly got off the phone with Matt and this middle aged Hispanic man got out of the car.
Our conversation:
"Ma'am, you have car trouble?"
"Oh no, actually there's a bug in my car"
"So, you no can......drive?"
"Nope."
He looked puzzled.
"I mean, you no can drive with a bug in your car?"
"Nope..."
"Err, I mean, I can get it out if you want..."
I could have hugged him. I showed him where it was and he *barf* picked it up with his bare hands. By then he was trying to stifle a man giggle.
I told him how grateful I was and we were on our way. He ended up driving by me a few times on the highway and every time I could see him hysterically laughing.
Matt's reserved a room at the hospital.
Comments
You are not alone in your bug fear. I am terrified and probably would have done the exact same thing...
We can share a hospital room? =D