Birthday recap...part 2!
Saturday we woke up and gave Cayleigh started talking about getting her ears pierced. She has been asking for this for about 6 months, and I always said "maybe for your birthday". Turns out, she has a really great memory. When I was younger, I always thought I would have my baby's ears pierced. Well, once she came out looking perfect and angelic, I decided I couldn't do it and I would wait until she asked. I originally nixed the ear piercing places in the mall, but after seeing a number of kids getting their ears pierced and how they open absolutely EVERYTHING in front of you, I decided why not??
We went to the mall and went to the store that had 2 people available to pierce them at the same time. Cayleigh knew that there was going to be a pinch and told me it was ok and she was going to be brave. I asked her one last time if she was sure she wanted them and she said she HAD to have them. I held her hand as they counted to 3 and click.
She didn't even make a peep. Her eyes squinted, yup, that's it! She said "mommy, I told you I was brave, it hurt a little bit, but now I have beautiful ears pierced!". She looked in the mirror and was so excited! The ladies commented on how absolutely perfect she did and gave her 2 lollipops for a job well done!
She looks so grown up! I think this was an awesome age to get it done though, she really has listened about ot touching/messing with them.
Before/During/After



We went to grammy's house and had a party and presents that evening, with a special cake made by grammy and granddad! We dined on a dinner she picked out-hot dogs, french fries, cucumbers and corn on the cob!

See the message?? ;)





Her cake!!

She calls sprinkles "sparkles"!!!

Messy hair momma and messy faced kid!
We went to the mall and went to the store that had 2 people available to pierce them at the same time. Cayleigh knew that there was going to be a pinch and told me it was ok and she was going to be brave. I asked her one last time if she was sure she wanted them and she said she HAD to have them. I held her hand as they counted to 3 and click.
She didn't even make a peep. Her eyes squinted, yup, that's it! She said "mommy, I told you I was brave, it hurt a little bit, but now I have beautiful ears pierced!". She looked in the mirror and was so excited! The ladies commented on how absolutely perfect she did and gave her 2 lollipops for a job well done!
She looks so grown up! I think this was an awesome age to get it done though, she really has listened about ot touching/messing with them.
Before/During/After



We went to grammy's house and had a party and presents that evening, with a special cake made by grammy and granddad! We dined on a dinner she picked out-hot dogs, french fries, cucumbers and corn on the cob!

See the message?? ;)





Her cake!!

She calls sprinkles "sparkles"!!!

Messy hair momma and messy faced kid!
Comments