Poverty Meal
It's been a while since I posted a recipe and I just came across 2 pretty decent ones. This past weekend Cayleigh had a random fever so we pretty much just took it easy Friday and Saturday. By the evening we were feeling pretty lazy and not feeling much like cooking, and I stumbled across food.com. When I saw the title "poverty meal", I thought it sounded like my life and thought I'd give it a try :) While it is definitely a no-frills meal, it was definitely cheap, quick, easy, and quite yummy!! I substituted a can of diced tomatoes since I only had one can of stewed tomatoes on hand, but all in all you can't really mess this recipe up...Oh and I used Mozz. cheese.
1 large onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 lb ground beef, browned and drained
2 (16 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
1 (16 ounce) cans water
8 ounces elbow macaroni, raw
salt
pepper
parmesan cheese
1Saute onions and garlic in olive oil until translucent.
2Brown ground beef and drain.
3Add ground beef, tomatoes, water, raw macaroni, salt and pepper to the onion and garlic mixture.
4Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until macaroni is tender.5If desired, top with Parmesan cheese.
1 large onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 lb ground beef, browned and drained
2 (16 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
1 (16 ounce) cans water
8 ounces elbow macaroni, raw
salt
pepper
parmesan cheese
1Saute onions and garlic in olive oil until translucent.
2Brown ground beef and drain.
3Add ground beef, tomatoes, water, raw macaroni, salt and pepper to the onion and garlic mixture.
4Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until macaroni is tender.5If desired, top with Parmesan cheese.
Comments