2 songs...
to listen to if you are a parent. It doesn't matter what kind of music you like/don't like-the words just hit you like a ton of bricks(and if you are me, they make you have an ugly cry moment).
Give 'em hope, give them praise,
Give them love every day.
Let 'em cry, let 'em giggle,
Let 'em sleep in the middle,
Oh, but let them be little. "
Whenever one door closes, I hope one more opens
Promise me you'll give faith a fighting chance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
Dance "
I'd give all I have honey
If you could stay like that"
Let them be little-Billy Dean
"So let them be little,
'Cause they're only that way for a while.Give 'em hope, give them praise,
Give them love every day.
Let 'em cry, let 'em giggle,
Let 'em sleep in the middle,
Oh, but let them be little. "
I Hope you Dance-Lee Ann Womack
"I hope you still feel small
When you stand by the oceanWhenever one door closes, I hope one more opens
Promise me you'll give faith a fighting chance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
Dance "
and a 3rd which isn't quite as sob inducing, but oh how I love this song.
Never Grow Up-Taylor Swift
"To you, everything's funny
You got nothing to regretI'd give all I have honey
If you could stay like that"
Comments