Super easy ice cream made by Cayleigh

I'm always looking for recipes that Cayleigh can make by herself mostly. Once she starts on a cooking projects it's "mommy, I need to do that" and "mommy, I want to do it by myself". One look at the sense of accomplishment she is bursting with makes the mess worth it. This may be the absolute easiest thing we've ever made though and you can pretend it's made with "fat free heavy cream" and "calorie free candy bars" if you really want to ;) The one nice thing is that it's so rich, you really only need one small scoop....ish.
From the NY Times:

Time: 15 minutes, plus cooling

1 cup cold heavy cream

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

1 (14-ounce) can cold sweetened condensed milk.

1. In a mixer, whip heavy cream just until it begins to thicken. Add vanilla and whip until soft peaks form. With mixer running, slowly pour in condensed milk and whip until high peaks form.

2. Transfer into a container or bowl for freezing. Freeze at least 4 hours or overnight.

Yield: 6 servings.


Photobucket

Photobucket



I'll be honest. Sometimes blogging about a recipe is an afterthought. So it's possible I staged my kid to look like she was pouring the cream when the container was empty. Just go with it. She did about 95%-pretty much everything but using the can opener! What also neat is how versatile this recipe is, the 1st time we made it, we used oreo cookie and she smashed them and made cookies n cream. This time we added reese's cup and made it PB ice cream. I could have taken a picture of the finished product for photo purposes, but it's midnight and heartburn and I are not on speaking terms as it is so you will have to try it for yourself.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2 of the snow....

10 is...

8/21 and 8/22...