Birds and butter pecan....
Anyone who knows my dad, knows he is quite the bird lover. Since I can remember, he has always had them. I was never quite the fan he was, but I do love a beautiful canary song. Growing up, he always had a canary and cockatiels. About 10 years ago, he bought an African Grey, which is also known as my sibling. Can anyone else say their sister's name is Hunny Bunny?? :)
Sadly, his canary Spike passed away after 13 years, so he wanted to get a new one. Apparently, canary breeders don't exist. It got us on the path for looking for bird stores, which pretty much don't exist either. He ended up finding a new guy, dubbed Scooby. Yes, my kid had a little something to do with it. Anyway, in my search for a bird shop, I did find one and although it didn't have canaries, it had plenty of exotics so we decided to take a ride about 30 minutes north in to good ol' PA!
This is my dad in hog, err, bird heaven. Note, as nice as this picture is, my face was probably priceless, as I was just waiting for that big beak to bite my dad's nose off.
On our way home, we stopped at a new creamery. How amazing was this scenery?? Did I mention it was a February day?? Oh yeah, the ice cream was good too. :)
My country girl :)
My country girl :)



Comments